Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Roasted Cod and Tomatoes

This is one of my favorite fish recipes! I have made a handful of times over the past year and the hubby LOVES it. The recipe is from Gordan Ramsay Makes It Easy  cookbook. I love eating fish and this is so quick and easy, plus super yummy and healthy to boot!



The portion shown above is a double portion of fish and rice (the hubby often gets double serving, which works for me because most recipes I love are a serving size of 4)

Serves 4
2 tbsp butter
1 1/2lb cod fillet skinned and cut into 4 thick pieces 
12 cherry tomatoes (sometimes I used grape tomatoes) halved or cut into 4 clusters
1/2 lemon juiced
sea salt and pepper
2 tbsp chopped parsley (sometimes I use the parsley, sometimes I don't)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Melt the butter in a cast-iron skillet, add the fish, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and cook the other side for 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes to the skillet and place in the oven. (If your skillet isn't ovenproof, simply transfer to an oiled roasting pan.) Bake for 5 minutes.

Drizzle the lemon juice over the fish as you take it from the oven. Season with salt and pepper and then let rest in the pan for 5 minutes.

Place the roasted cad and tomatoes on warm plates, sprinkle the parsley over, and drizzle with the pan juices.

I served the fish with a cup or 1/2 cup of rice and steamed broccoli and asparagus. You can choice how you serve it but I like to keep it healthy.

Weight Watchers Point Plus Value: 10 point plus
Cod: 4 points (one Atlantic filet)
Butter: 1 point (1/2 tablespoon) 
Rice: 5 points (1 cup)

Lemon and vegetables are all free and power foods, along with the Cod so this is a GREAT dinner choice for those of you on the weight watcher program and those looking to eat healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment