1 large red-skinned potato (about 6 oz), cut into 1/4 inch-thick slices
12 ounces asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 large eggs plus 2 large egg whites
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the potato slices and reduce heat to medium. Simmer until tender, about 8 minutes. Using a wire sieve, scoop the potatoes out of the water and transfer to a bowl. Add the asparagus to the water and turn heat to high. Boil until the asparagus is just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold running water. Drain again and pat dry. Add to the potatoes.
2. Heat the oil over medium heat in an overproof 10 inch skillet. Add the onions and garlic and cook, until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add to the potato mixture.
3. Position the broiler rack about 8 inches from the sources of heat and preheat the broiler on high.
4. Whisk eggs, whites, cheese, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the potato mixture. Return the skillet to medium heat. Pour in egg mixture and spread with spatula. Cook until the edges begin to set, about 30 seconds. Using the spatula, lift the cooked edged of frittata, and tilt the frying pan to allow the liquid egg on top to flow underneath. Continue cooking, until the top is almost set, about 4 minutes.
5. Place Skillet under the broiler until the frittata puffs and is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.Slide the frittata out of the skillet onto a plate. Place a serving plate on top of the plate and invert the plate and platter together to turn the frittata over onto the platter. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Weight Watchers Point Plus Value: 4 point plus
Saturated Fat 2g