Monday, January 28, 2013

Lemon Salad Dressing

I based this dressing off the "Sexy Italian Salad Dressing" I found in Teresa Giudice's Skinny Italian Cookbook. I just swapped the balsamic vinegar for lemon juice. I never buy bottled salad dressing anymore. You would be surprised how many unnecessary calories and fat come in bottled salad dressing, and why spend the money when it is super easy to make your own?



Olive Oil
Lemon Juice
Parmesan Cheese 

No real measurements needed for this one, you can make it to taste. I used the juice of 1/2 a lemon, couple pours of extra virgin olive oil and a large pinch of Parmesan Cheese. I also added a small pinch of salt and pepper and whisked it all together. Then I put it in a small mason jar so it could be shaken before use. A lot of the time I pour it over the entire salad I made and use my hands to mix it all together, making sure all salad components have dressing. This time I spooned a little on my salad before I ate it. You are the chef of your own kitchen, do whatever works best for you and your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment