Monday, January 7, 2013

Baked Homemade French Fries

My biggest weakness when it comes to food is potatoes, especially French Fries! Luckily I found a really great recipe that is much healthier for me then the normal greasy french fries I have grown to crave. Now, I make these whenever I am in the mood for that yummy starchy snack.

I found this recipe in the Gordon Ramsay Makes It Easy cookbook. It was actually paired with the Roasted Cod and Tomatoes recipe I posted a couple days ago. I sometimes make it with the cod but I also make it with many other main dishes. It has become on of my favorite side dishes, it is super easy to make with very few ingredients.



In the picture above I chose to leave the skin on the potatoes, they were just as good and there are lots of nutrients in the skins. This is up to you.

Serves 4
1lb 9oz Russet potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
sea salt

Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Peel the potatoes and cut into chunky fries (I have found that slicing them smaller and thinner works best). Add to a pan of boiling water and blanch for 4 minutes. Take them out and drain well. Return them back to the pot, add the olive oil, toss to coat. Put potatoes on the baking sheet, spread into one layer and bake for 15 mins. Shake the sheet to turn the fries (I flip them all with a fork or Spatula) and bake for another 15 mins. Once done put the cooked fries into a warm bowl and season with sea salt.  

How easy was that? So yummy, simple and satisfying! These are the only form of french fries I make. I estimated the Weight Watchers Point Plus Value below.

Weight Watchers Points Plus Values: 5
Potatoes Cooked: 3 points plus (for the 1/4 lb serving) (remember this is a power food!)
Olive Oil: 2 points plus (for the 1/2 tbsp serving)

No comments:

Post a Comment