I chose to cut my chicken up into smaller pieces and added lots of topping. This recipe is for the chicken only. I paired this with garlic roasted broccoli and cauliflower. I will pair that recipe with you soon!
3 ripe (Roma) tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch dice
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 medium celery rib, cut into 1/4 inch dice
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the pan
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 lbs)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1. Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Lightly oil a 13X9 inch baking pan.
2. Combine the tomatoes, onion, celery, wine, parsley, oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Set aside while the oven is preheating.
3. One at a time, place the chicken breast half between 2 plastic storage bags. Using a flat meat pounder or a rolling pin, pound the chicken until it is 1/2 inch thick. Season with salt and black pepper.
4. Arrange the chicken in the prepared baking pan. Spoon equal amounts of tomato mixture over each chicken breast half, then pour any of the liquid in the bowl around the chicken. Bake until the tomato mixture is hot and the chicken is opaque throughout, 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Transfer each chicken breast half with its topping to a dinner plate, then pour the pan juices on top. Serve Hot.
Weight Watchers Point Plus Value: 7 point plus
Saturated Fat 2g