3 oz Parmesan cheese
1 egg white
1 garlic clove, pressed (or finely chopped)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 lb frozen uncooked shrimp
2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
8 oz uncooked spaghetti (I used linguine because it is what I had in the house)
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup marinara sauce (I use My Favorite Marinara)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Start boiling the pasta water.
2. Meanwhile, for Parmesan topping, lightly spray nonstick 12 in skillet with vegetable oil; heat over medium heat 1-3 minutes or until hot. Grate cheese evenly over bottom of skillet using a fine grater or zester (I do this before hand in a bowl and them add to the pan evenly). Cook 4-5 minutes or until cheese is lacy and golden. Starting at edges, immediately loosen cheese with a rubber spatula; slide on cutting board and cool completely. Place cheese crisp into resealable plastic bag; coarsely crush crumbs using flat side of meat tenderizer (I just crush it up with my hands).
3. For shrimp, whisk together egg white, pressed garlic, salt and black pepper in a small mixing bowl. Peel and devein shrimp; remove tails. Add shrimp to egg mixture and toss to coat. Arrange shrimp in a single layer casserole dish.
4. Snip or chopped parsley and toss with cheese crumbs. Sprinkle cheese mixture over shrimp. Bake 10-12 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
5. Add pasta to boiling water; cook 4 minutes. Meanwhile, cut broccoli into small florets and add to boiling pasta; cook for another couple minutes until pasta is cooked until desired tenderness.
6. Meanwhile, place sauce into small sauce pan and heat up. To serve, divide pasta mixture among serving plates. Spoon sauce over pasta mixture; top with shrimp.
Weight Watchers Point Plus Value: 11 point plus
Total Fat 11g
Saturated Fat 4g