Monday, January 21, 2013

Peppered Filet Steak with Zucchini

I like to eat good all week and on the weekend I like to eat even better! Having some yummy scallops or filet mignon is a treat I like to cook up on the weekend. Trying to find the balance of eating good but keeping it healthy is something I am always looking to do. I found this meal idea in Weight Watchers What To Eat Now cookbook. I like that the recipe keeps it healthy and taste super delicious! 


This is a double portion of filet. The weight watchers point plus and nutrition facts are for one 1/4 lb filet and 2/3 cup of zucchini. I served this with cauliflower mashed potatoes, I will share that recipe soon!

Serves 4
4 (1/4-pound) lean filet mignon steaks, trimmed
1 tbsp mixed peppercorns, cracked
1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
1 tsp canola oil (I used olive oil)
2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
2 shallots, minced
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp Dijon mustard

1. Sprinkle steaks with cracked pepper and salt, pressing to adhere. Heat oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook until bottoms are browned, about 4 minutes. Turn steaks over and cook until instant-read thermometer inserted into centers registers 145 degrees F for medium-rare, about 3 minutes (I did 4 minutes on each side for a medium/ med well). Transfer steaks to plate and cover with foil.

2. Add zucchini and shallots to skillet. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add broth and mustard and stir gently. Simmer until liquid thickens, about 3 minutes. Serve zucchini and sauce with steaks.

Weight Watchers Point Plus Value: 5 point plus
Nutrition Facts:
Calories 212
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 67mg
Sodium 332mg
Carbohydrates 7g
Sugar 2g
Fiber 1g
Protein 26g

No comments:

Post a Comment